Today there are over two million people in America’s prisons and jails. They’re there because they’ve listened to the wrong voices, built their lives on the wrong foundation, and drifted off their God given course. Victory Church believes all of this can change. Jesus himself said He did not come into this world to condemn but to redeem. Our desire is to bring light for the journey into every dark place we can. Will you help us carry that light?
- Mondays 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM Central County Jail (Bartow)
- Tuesdays 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM Central County Jail (Bartow)
- Thursdays 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM South County Jail (Frostproof)
- Fridays 1:15 PM – 2:15 PM Central County Jail (Bartow)
Each service includes, worship, prayer, testimonies, message and altar time. This is the front line of ministry. It’s a high level investment with a high level reward. The qualifications for service are a passionate love for God, ability to communicate well, and a demonstrated walk of faith. Opportunities are available immediately for volunteers who may feel God’s leading. Filling out the application does not mean you are signing on. You will be able to go alongside to observe while you are making your final decision.
Not comfortable going into the jails? God can still use you to disciple inmates through the mail in our Prison Ministry Discipleship Center here at the Victory Church North campus. Volunteers receive and log in student information and answer sheets, send out the next study guide in the series along with a note of encouragement, and most importantly pray for each inmate/student and their families. We are also looking for mentors who may want to converse back and forth through letters. This you could do from the comfort of your own home.
For questions or more information on how you can explore this avenue of ministry call the church office at (863) 859-6000 and ask for the VictoryCare Department. You may also email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
LINKS TO FORMS BELOW
- Prison Ministry Volunteer Application (printable.pdf)
- Christian Worker Bible Study Series Enrollment Form (Online version)
- Christian Worker Bible Study Series Enrollment Form (Printable .pdf)
- Crossroad Bible Institute ENGLISH Inmate Enrollment Form (Printable .pdf)
- Crossroad Bible Institute SPANISH Inmate Enrollment Form (Printable.pdf)
- Crossroad Bible Institute Referral Form for Inmate Children/Grandchildren (Printable.pdf)
- Prison Ministry Reporting Form (Online version)
- Prison Ministry Reporting Form (Printable .pdf)
- Prison Outreach Guidelines (Printable .pdf)
Click on the Links below to view testimonies from inmates…
Once an inmate has accepted Jesus Christ as their Savior they need guidance to learn to live in the new life God has given them. Victory Church offers two excellent discipleship tracks.
#1: Crossroad Bible Institute: Crossroad Bible Institute is an international discipleship ministry for prisoners and their families. Crossroad equips the church to disciple people in prison with the Word of God, free of charge, wherever they are incarcerated. It is a personal, in-depth and long-term program that is uniquely designed to help incarcerated persons grow dramatically in a life-transforming relationship with Jesus Christ, preparing them for and assisting them with successful reentry upon release. The Crossroad series is more topical in nature.
How the Crossroad Program works…
- The inmate/student is given an enrollment form by Victory Church. (form link above)
- He/she completes the enrollment form and returns it to Victory Church by mail or gives to prison ministry volunteer to hand deliver
- The VictoryCare department enrolls the inmate/student in the Crossroad program.
- CBI then directly will mail Bible study lessons to the student, one at a time.
- The student completes the lessons and returns them to CBI for correction. Trained volunteer Instructors correct the lessons and return them to the student along with personal letters of discipleship. There is an average 3-4 week turn-a-round time.
- The student is awarded a certificate when a course is successfully completed.
- Crossroad also has children’s Bible study available (Manga Messiah) for the children or grandchildren of inmates. Simply print out the form link above, fill out your referral, and get it to Victory Church who will then forward on to Crossroad. Crossroad will then send an enrollment form to the child’s home where they can fill it out and it can be signed by the parent or legal guardian.
#2: Christian Worker Bible Study Series: This is an in depth series of studies that are sent and administered by Victory Church volunteers. This option is a more Bible centric study and has up to 25 basic studies and an additional 57 more advanced studies. It is for the student who has a desire to dig a little deeper and invest a little more time.
How the CWBS program works…
- The inmate/student asks prison ministry volunteer to be added to the CWBS program.
- The volunteer then gathers the information and completes the online enrollment form. (form link above)
- Victory Church processes the request and mails Bible study lessons to the student, one at a time.
- The student completes the lessons and returns them to Victory Church for correction. Trained volunteer Instructors correct the lessons and return them to the student along with personal notes of encouragement. There is an average 1-2 week turn-a-round time.
- The student is awarded a certificate when level one and two are successfully completed.
- NOTE: This program is a bit more flexible with materials being “in house,” so in some cases ministry workers may pick up or hand-deliver studies instead of mailing.
God is using these unique Bible studies, along with Victory’s personal touch, to make a real difference in the Christian growth of these inmate/students.
For questions or more information call the Church office at (863) 859-6000 and
ask for the VictoryCare Department. You may also email to email@example.com.